Venetian Building planned Jan 1892

waynewood Member Photo

Clipped by waynewood

Venetian Building planned Jan 1892 - , Albert Tower of Poughkeepsie, N. T.,...
, Albert Tower of Poughkeepsie, N. T., purchased purchased Nos. 165 and 107 Market street from Owen H. Roach for $133,000. The land is 48x 90 feet, improved with a six-story six-story six-story and basement basement brick building. A valuation of $10,000 was placed cn the building, with about $2,000 a front foot as the land valuation. A West Side purchase of considerable importance was made early in the year by Kohl & Mlddleton. This firm bought Nos. 136 and 138 West Madison Madison street from Mary J. Meeker for .$90,000. The Chicago Real-Estate Real-Estate Real-Estate Trustees purchased the Vienna Bakery property on Washington street, east of State, from the Hartford Fire-insurance Fire-insurance Fire-insurance company for $254,000. The lot, 50x110 feet, improved with a building which was not considered in the transaction, as it has since been torn down to be replaced by the thirteen-story thirteen-story thirteen-story Venetian building. William William C. Comstock purchased the fee of 40x170 feet on Michigan avenute, fifty feet north of Adams street, for $100,000. It was sold for William C. Ritchie, who takes back a long term lease at a h per cent rental based on the selling price. Another $100,000 purchase was made by William Stewart. He bought Nos. 25 to 30 Michigan avenue from Cornelia Barker and Frederick F. Haskell for this amount. The property consists of 80x124 feet, running through to Central avenue. It is improved with a four-story four-story four-story and basement building, estimated to be worth $30,000. A North Side block, located at the southwest southwest corner of Michigan street and La Salle avenue, was sold by J. J. Knickerbocker to J. W.Oakley for $130,000. It consists of a six-story six-story six-story and basement building on a lot 114x100 feet. Mrs. J. P. Warner purchased 40x90 feet on Market street, between Madison and Monroe Monroe streets, for $100,000. It is in reality the purchase of a fee, as the property was leased back to the seller, Frank R. Baker, on the basis basis of a 6 per cent income on the price paid. The building is estimated to be worth $30,000, which would leave the land value at $70,000. This is equivalent to a front foot valuation of $1,740, or a square foot valuation of nearly $20. Another sale of a $100,000 fee was made by Heath & Milligan to Simon Reid and Thomas Murdoch. The property is 30x180 feet, north front, at Nos. 170 and 172 Randolph street. A long term lease on a 6 per cent basis is taken by Heath & Milligan. A sale involving property property valued at $280,000 in the wholesale district district was made by John V. Farwell to Henry Botsford. The property consists of 90x185 feet on Franklin street, fifty feet north of Monroe street, improved with a five-story five-story five-story stone-front stone-front stone-front building. A purchase which can scarcely be classed with down-town down-town down-town transactions was made by Clinton J. Warren and A. W. Maltby. They bought the southeast corner of North Clark street and North avenue for $95,000. It has a Clark street frontage of 225 feet by 100 feet on North avenue. The property at the northeast corner of Michigan avenue and Twenty-second Twenty-second Twenty-second streets, VESETlAJt" BUILDING.

Clipped from Chicago Tribune01 Jan 1892, FriPage 11

Chicago Tribune (Chicago, Illinois)01 Jan 1892, FriPage 11
waynewood Member Photo
  • Venetian Building planned Jan 1892

    waynewood – 12 Jan 2018

Want to comment on this Clipping? Sign up for a free account, or sign in